The 4th of July is an exciting time for us to celebrate our country’s independence! It’s a time to get together with family and friends to enjoy food, fun and fireworks.
Below are a few tips to help ensure you have a joyful and safe Independence Day.
1. When lighting fireworks, always wear eye protection and keep some water around just in case
This will help you avoid injury and potential fires.
2. Stay hydrated! Drink plenty of water even if you do not feel thirsty.
It can get very hot outside in July and it is important to drink water to avoid dehydration.
3. Apply sunscreen regularly when celebrating outdoors.
This will protect you against sunburn and help prevent skin cancer.
4. Leave all refrigerated food inside.
Letting cold food sit outside in the July heat can quickly spoil the food.
5. Take time to remember all those who have made your freedom possible and those who continue to do so every day in our armed forces.
Without them, we would not have this opportunity to gather with our family and friends to observe this holiday. These individuals are at the heart of why The Folded Flag Foundation’s mission of providing scholarships to spouses and children of our nation’s fallen heroes to help them secure an educational future.
From our Folded Flag family to yours, we want to wish a safe and happy 4th of July!